If you are looking to add an extra element of pizzazz to your apartment, consider applying for one of the hottest trends in apartment decorating to the walls. Wall art can brighten up any space and there is a huge selection available for apartment decorating, so you can be assured of finding something that will really add something unique and individual to your apartment. Even if you have your heart set on a particular piece, you can add it to your walls without too much trouble. Here are some ideas for apartment decorating with wall art:
* Beautify the walls around your favorite sitting area or workspace – This is one of the more popular strategies for apartment decorating that is often overlooked. You can spruce up the walls while still giving them a fresh new look, as well as saving space. To decorate the walls in your workspace, you can add pictures or paintings, or plant a flower that can give the room a soft, romantic feel. If you plan to use plants, remember to keep them well trimmed, as they can make a big difference in your apartment decorating.
* Decorate your walls around your tub or shower – This is a great way to turn an uninteresting space into one with personality. Use bold, bright colors that will pop from the tiles, shower curtains, paint, or even plants. When choosing wall art, remember that you don’t have to have big paintings that cover the entire wall. Small, discreet pictures and photos that are framed will do the trick. If you don’t want to paint the walls, consider painting your tub and shower curtain in the same bold colors as your walls.
* Add personality to empty walls – One of the newest trends in apartment decorating is to add prints and paintings to empty walls. The best part about this type of apartment decorating is that it adds instant character and interest to an empty room. For instance, if you choose a photograph of a child swinging, you’ll instantly create a fun, quirky environment. Likewise, if you choose a painting of two kids playing in the sand, you’ll end up with a peaceful, relaxed space. Just remember to leave enough space between the wall and the furniture so that you don’t block doorways and make the apartment look cramped.
* Use mirrors to reflect light – A good lighting scheme is key when apartment decorating. You can do this by placing mirrors on at least one wall in your apartment. If you have two walls with only some light coming through, a place mirrors on both walls to reflect the light. The best thing about mirrors is that they not only look great; they actually make the apartment appear larger than it actually is. Mirrors can be a focal point of apartment decorating, especially if you have a unique wallpaper or painting.
* Choose a color scheme with a theme – Instead of painting walls in the same color, choose an apartment decor theme that ties the walls together. For instance, if you live in an apartment with a bar, paint one wall in white, and the other in a different color. If you love floral accents in your apartment, paint one wall a floral design, and the other a color that helps you focus on that specific color. Your apartment walls will look cohesive and not cluttered if you choose themes instead of colors. You can always change your theme when you move.
* Keep walls uncluttered – This is also important if you have a lot of clutter in your apartment. To make your apartment look bigger and less cluttered, keep the clutter off the walls. Picture frames, books, and rugs are great to keep on top of the walls, but never put anything on top of the walls. Walls are already visually busy, so adding any more objects will distract from how you like things to look.
These are just a few tips to help with apartment decorating. It is easy to get carried away when decorating your apartment, so keep your style simple, yet coordinating. Try adding a few key pieces, such as a coat rack, and a plant or two. Do not clutter your apartment with too much furniture, though. Also, remember to update your apartment decors regularly to tie your apartment decor together.